Lately I’ve been dipping into The Beach Book which is a fantastic June book release from Frances Lincoln. The Beach Book: loads of things to do at lakes, rivers and the seaside by Fiona Danks and Jo Schofield is officially released on 4th June. We were sent a preview copy and I wanted to share our thoughts on why this book is a must read!
The Beach Book is full of exciting ideas of things to do on the beach, whatever the weather or time of year, whether you are at the seaside, next to a river or beside a lake. You can even adapt these activities for the sand pit or water table!
Here are 8 of tried and tested activities for all the year round ….
- Everyone likes to make sand castles but The Beach Book has loads of different castles and fortifications for you to try … even magic boats to sail away in!
- Go and find a sea monster, or a mermaid. Make some crazy sand shoes or a ball gown for a sea nymph.
- Have fun beachcombing, crabbing and making your own rock pool equipment
- Play great games like making stone towers, ball runs or beach skittles or follow pirate treasure maps
- Be creative, do some beach art. Make your own jewellery, paint with sand, make shadow pictures and rock art.
- Create your own adventures by damming a stream or cooking up beach feasts.
- Light up the beach at night with glowing holes or floating lanterns or flaming boats
- And when all you have left is the rubbish from your picnic – turn it into streamers, windsocks, boats or kites.
The book is split into 7 chapters covering beach games, beach rubbish and beach imagination amongst other things. This afternoon we had fun with small world play of Lego toy explorers in our sand pit. This book is full of great ideas, wonderfully illustrated, and great for inspiring new ways to play with sand and beach treasures. It’s also the perfect size for slipping in your rucksack if you’re going away for a weekend!
Discount code for The Beach Book
I have a discount offer code to share. To order The Beach Book at the discounted price of £7.99 including p&p* (RRP: £9.99), telephone 01903 828503 or email email@example.com and quote the offer code APG329. Please note this offer is for UK ONLY – please add £2.50 if ordering from overseas.